All dogs are scavengers by nature. They like to go outside and eat everything in their way which may include harmful substances like insecticides, chocolates, dried fruits, and other things that may be dangerous for them. This may lead to food poisoning which in turn may cause vomiting, lethargy, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and more. One way to make your dog feel better is to give it treats made with activated charcoal powder.
Activated charcoal is made from burning natural carbon sources like wood at high temperatures. The heat ‘activates’ the carbon by creating crevices or pores around its surface that bind toxins in them. When activated charcoal is ingested, it absorbs any toxins in the intestinal tract through its pores and speeds up the digestion process. So any toxins ingested by your dogs are absorbed by the charcoal and passed through its system naturally.
Here are some other reasons why activated charcoal treats are good for your dogs:
- It can help reduce 80% of toxins from your dog’s system.
- It can help remove your dog’s bad breath.
- It can help prevent gas and flatulence in dogs.
- It can be used to soothe itchy skin when used while bathing your dog.
- It promotes better digestion.